New iPhone 5 Features
Excited about the iPhone 5? Its new look, faster processor, and tons of small improvements have us eager to get our hands on one. If you’re ready to pick one up too, remember that you can make up to $325 on your iPhone on Glyde.
The iPhone 5 is all about the details. Here’s what separates it from the 4 and 4S.
- Larger Screen - The iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen compared to the 3.5 inch screen on the 4S. The width is the same, but the aspect ratio has changed, making the screen taller if the phone is held vertically, longer if held horizontally.
- Widescreen - When flipped horizontally, the iPhone is now close to the 16:9 ratio, which is optimal for watching movies and playing games!
- Thinner & Lighter - Apple also gave the iPhone a sleeker look. The iPhone 5 is 18% thinner than the iPhone 4S and 20% lighter.
- Two-tone Back - The back of the iPhone 5 has a new look. No more breakable glass. The white iPhone’s back is made of raw aluminum while the black model features black anodized aluminum.
- Ultrafast Wireless - LTE wireless technology offers faster-than-ever download speeds, allowing you to talk and use the Internet at the same time on all networks. Although all that speed can sometimes lead to a power drain, Apple notes that iPhone 5 manages LTE better, giving your battery more life.
- A6 Chip - Apple’s newest chip promises performance and graphics up to twice as fast as the 4S. Apps, web pages, and emails will appear almost instantly and games will run faster and look better than ever.
Ease of Use
- Camera - Even with its sleeker design, the iPhone 5 camera performs better than the older models in low-light conditions. To sweeten the deal, it’s 40% faster at snapping photos. The front facing camera now boasts 720p resolution and HD video.
- Microphones - The iPhone 5 has three microphones which allow for better voice recognition and noise cancellation.
- iOS 6 - Apple’s newest operating system is already installed. Siri is smarter and Facebook is more integrated. However, it’s new Maps app lacks the depth of Google Maps’ public transportation details and Google Maps is not available. Although iOS 6 is sure to be faster on the new 5, it’s now available on the 3GS, 4, and 4S./li>
If you’re ready to upgrade, list your old iPhone on Glyde.
Have questions or feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at [email protected]